Promotes and enhances legal writing scholarship.
- Visiting Scholars (program where an individual scholar visits a school): Advertises program and process; recommends proposals to the board; works with site hosts as needed.
- Scholars Fora (program where a small group of scholars present works in progress led by mentors): Advertises program and process; recommends host schools to the board; works with site hosts to organize workshop, including participants and mentors.
- Scholarship Grants (summer scholarship grant awards): Advertises program and process; recommends recipients to the board; monitors recipients’ progress.
- Publications (other than JALWD): Proposes new publications for board approval and then oversees the development of the publication.
- ALWD Guide Task Force: An on-going commitment to improve and maintain the quality of the ALWD Guide to Legal Citation, including the companion exercises, by working with the publisher and the authors and making recommendations to the Board.
|Committee||Chair(s) & Liaison||Members|
|ALWD Guide Task Force||Sue Liemer (Chair)||
|Publications||Liz Frost (Chair)||
|Scholars Fora||Anne Ralph (Chair)||
Heidi K. Brown
|Scholarship Grants||Jane Grise (Chair)||
Leslie P. Culver
|Visiting Scholars||Nancy Soonpaa (Chair)||
Kathleen Dillon Narko